Spring is just around the corner and that means different things for different folks. Maybe it’s time to break out a bucket and sponge and clean all the winter salt and grime from your car. Or maybe you’re ready to do a little spring cleaning around the house to clear out all the cobwebs and dust.
No matter what your normal spring routine is, there’s one more thing you should add to your to-do list this season — schedule your spring teeth cleaning at Tulip Tree Dental Care in South Bend.
What? So you just had your regular checkup in the fall? Then it’s time again! Dr. Hurcomb recommends that her patients plan visits to see us every six months.
Regular checkups give us a chance to keep an eye on your oral health and make any recommendations needed to keep your smile in great shape. A little oral care now can go a long way toward keeping your teeth and mouth healthy.
With warmer weather on the way, you’ll be outdoors more. There are always sporting events, gatherings, picnics, and other outings to attend. Some will be planned and some won’t. Naturally, you’ll want your smile to look its best because there’s no telling who you might run into. You may even have a family reunion or get-together coming up later in the year.
So, now is the time to come in for a complete dental exam and thorough teeth cleaning. If needed, we’ll take a set of digital X-rays and use intraoral imaging to get a detailed look at your teeth, roots, and nerves. We’ll also look in the far corners of your mouth to check for signs of gum disease or infection. We’ll even perform an oral cancer screening so you can get early treatment if needed.
You’ll Love Your Teeth After We Get Done With Them
Next, our hygienist will clean and polish every tooth, paying special attention to those hard-to-reach areas you might miss at home with your toothbrush and floss. Then, Dr. Hurcomb will perform a complete dental exam. Hopefully, you don’t have any oral problems worth mentioning, but if you do, we’ll make recommendations for treatment so you can keep your smile bright and healthy.
Some of the dental treatments you might need include:
- Tooth Fillings — If you need a tooth filled, Dr. Hurcomb will place a natural-looking composite filling that will blend in beautifully with the rest of your teeth. No metal here!
- Gum Disease Treatment — We’ll use “deep cleaning” techniques of scaling and root planing to remove plaque, tartar, and bacteria, then smooth your tooth roots to help prevent reinfection.
- Fluoride Treatment — Targeted fluoride applied directly to your teeth will help prevent cavities and can even reverse tooth decay when it’s still in the early stages.
- Tooth Sealants — These plastic sealants act like raincoats for your teeth, forming a protective barrier between your tooth enamel and harmful, disease-causing bacteria.
- Nutritional Counseling — Our staff can help you and your family better understand the relationship between your food and drink intake and your oral health.
- Custom Mouthguards — Our professionally made mouthguards can protect your or your child’s teeth against injury during sports or from teeth grinding (bruxism) and clenching while sleeping.
Explore Our Other Services While You’re Here
While you lying back completely comfortable in our dental chair, why not take time to learn about some our cosmetic dentistry services that can enhance your smile? With spring almost here and summer on the horizon, now is the perfect time to dress up your smile.
Our professional teeth whitening treatment will give you a whiter, brighter smile than over-the-counter kits could ever offer. We use the KöR whitening system exclusively because we believe it gives our patients the best and quickest results. You can use it to get your teeth up to 16 shades whiter!
If your teeth are suffering from a few dings and dents, then cosmetic bonding may be a good option for you. Dr. Hurcomb will use composition resin (the same durable material we use for our tooth-colored fillings) to repair cracks, chips, pits, small gaps, and worn teeth.
Maybe your tooth damage is more extensive. If so, you can get your smile ready for spring using dental veneers. In just two appointments, we can fit you with these ultra-thin shells that will hide tooth imperfections and give you a smile worthy of the red carpet. So, who are you wearing?
Crooked smiles are no match for our short-term orthodontic options. Now is the time to begin treatment with either Invisalign® or Fastbraces®. You could have a gorgeous, straight smile in a matter of months, not years.