Yield: 10 servings
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Whisk egg white and water together in a separate bowl until frothy.
- Toss pecans in the egg white mixture. Mix sugar mixture into pecan mixture until pecans are evenly coated.
- Spread coated pecans onto a baking sheet
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until pecans are evenly browned, 1 hour or for extra crispy bake for 2 hours.
**Note: for a larger batch quadruple the ingredients and purchase a large bag of pecans from Costco or Sam’s club and use a large disposable aluminum baking tin.